A Return


2021 is 11 years after 2010. I’m 11 years older, wiser (?). I have had 5 jobs since then, lived in a different town, in a different house. 


As many of you now know, my wife, Jenn, recently accepted a new job, one that will involve us moving part of our life to Toronto and experiencing city life for the first time - something that we’ve been looking to do for a number of years. Suffice it to say, we’re very excited for the adventure, one that will unfortunately be delayed until the end of COVID.


Discussing the changes and new experience we’re looking forward to, Jenn (and others) encouraged me that it might be time to start writing a blog again, one that will focus on our interests as well as our experiences, trials, and tribulations with moving to Hogtown and exploring the Big Smoke as real residents, not just weekend tourists. After some thought, and a couple glasses of wine, this seems like a great idea. Surely those extra 11 years have given me much more interesting and varied topics to discuss?


You’ll notice a new name: The Fancy Peasant. Credit where credit is due, my bestie Jon came up with the name. When asked how, he said inspiration struck from thinking about Jenn and I moving part-time to Toronto and how the Torontonians will view us “savages”. To be honest, I always thought the old name was a little corny…”An Icecube’s Chance in Hell”? Seriously? I think I was trying too hard. Full disclosure though, Jon originally wanted “Rusticus libitum”, but the gathering critics judged that too nerdy, even for me.


I don’t want to nail myself into too tight of a box this time, so we’ll just say that the topics will range among my interests and experiences. At this point, I see those mainly revolving around the following topics:

  • Moving to Toronto

  • Exploring Toronto

  • Food & Wine

  • Arts and Culture

  • Cycling

  • Books / Random Musings

  • Leadership as a novice


Also, I think that a bi-weekly post (targeting Wednesdays) is about as ambitious as I’m comfortable getting. I learned quickly last time that blog posts take a significant effort if you want them to be good (at least I thought that they were mostly good…..).

Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Alex

Comments

  1. Glad your getting back into the swing of voicing, sharing, giving context to new views of many things that some may never see or experience. Looking forward to reading. You may want to check out my BLOG on the BSC web page called SCIMITAR. Check it out. Love and Best Wishes.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts